Below are several resources that we hope you'll find helpful in growing in your faith and engaging in spiritual conversations with your family and friends.
- Trust: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3; Psalm 33:21; Psalm 119:42; Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 17:5; Matthew 12:17-21
- Family Conflicts: Luke 15:11-32; James 1:19-27
- Getting Hurt: Matthew 26:47-56; Matthew 5:38-48
- Parental Demands: John 2:1-11; Ephesians 6:1-4
- Reaching Out: John 4:1-26; 1 John 3:11-24
- Homework: Acts 17:11; 2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 3:14
- Love: Matthew 22:37-38; Mark 12:31-33; 1 Corinthians 13:1-13; 1 John 4:17-19
- Purity: Psalm 24:4; Zephaniah 3:9; 1 Timothy 1:5, 15; 1 Timothy 3:9; Hebrews 10:22; James 1:27; 2 Peter 3:1
- Reading the Bible: 2 Kings 22:8-20; Psalm 119:105; Acts 17:10-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Rejection: Hosea 4:6; Luke 4:16-30; John 15:18; Ephesians 1:3-14; 1 Peter 2:1-10
- Stress: Psalm 63:1-8; Mark 4:35-41; Hebrews 13:5; 1 John 4:13-18
- Will Of God: Matthew 6:10; Romans 2:18; Romans 12:2; 1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9
- Worn Out: Psalm 4:4-8; Matthew 11:25-30; 2 Thessalonians 3:6
Here are some links to websites that might be helpful for parents of teens:
- You Version Bible - A great website & app for your smartphone to get excited about reading the Bible. Create a username and find your friends to make use of all this site has to offer. You can find hundreds of devotionals to help you read the Bible and topical studies as well.
- Relevant Magazine - Your students will love this website, magazine, podcast & music. They have great articles on faith, culture, social justice issues and today's hot topics as well as an epic podcast, plus you can listen to some of today's best music for free on The Drop.
- Got Questions? - Do you and/or your students have questions about the Bible? Well check out this website and be sure to download their App for your smartphone to have access to some great answers to your toughest questions.
- Covenant Eyes - This internet filtering and accountability software is a must have for families. It's easy to sign up for, inexpensive & can be installed on any computer, tablet and smartphone. Be sure to make use of their blogs & resources as well to find helpful and encouraging articles for your whole family!
- Cross Walk - This website is very helpful for everything faith & family related with hundreds of blogs, articles and resources on everything imaginable.
- Fuller Youth Institute - This organization's goal is to help equip teens with a faith that lasts a lifetime. They produce some of the countries greatest articles with practical application for the whole family.
- Parenting Teen Online - The information resource center for parents of teens. While this site isn't Christian in nature, they do offer some great resources for parents of teens.
Here are some great links to some devotional guides that we recommend & highly suggest getting for your teens:
- YW Magazine (Link: http://www.walkthru.org/store/product-categories/books-2013-09-10/devotional-magazines/yw-devotional-magazine-detail)
- On Track Devotionals
- 40 Day Journals (Link: http://cenational.org/sales/index.asp#studies)
We also have some great books to help lay the foundations of the faith available at the church. Talk to High School Director Fletcher to get a copy of one of these books or if you'd like more information on any additional resources.